Internship Opportunity: Marketing and Production Co-ordinator Internship
Join one of Canada’s boutique literary publishers and be part of an innovative and collaborative team! We’re looking for an intern to hire as a new member of our team following this internship. Hours are flexible—we’re looking for the right person who is a highly motivated, creative, and confident team player with a passion for books and a desire to work in the publishing industry.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
As the Marketing and Production Co-ordinator, you will play an integral role with many production and marketing initiatives and be mainly responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Co-ordinate editorial, production, and design components for the titles we produce (we publish approximately 12 new print books and ebooks each year)
- Review all editorial/production workflows in detail with an eye toward streamlining or eliminating steps and reducing costs where possible
- Participate in strategic planning, and support the implementation of these goals, from market research and bibliodata updates to media relations and an advertising schedule
- Create and implement content to be published across our various social media channels and website (photography and videography are an asset)
- Write and design communications and promotional materials such as press releases, ads, brochures, catalogues, posters, etc.
- Liaise with bookstores to promote our books and arrange author signings
- Organize readings, trade show appearances, events, etc.
- Work in collaboration with sales representatives in both Canada and the United States
- Very strong design and multimedia skills—you will be developing strategy
- Strong research skills and a passion for staying on top of the latest trends
- Meticulous organizational, time, and project management skills, and the ability to effectively handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- A self-starter with excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maneuver in a fast-changing environment
- Proven abilities in problem-solving and prioritizing
- Strong budget planning and management skills
- Proficiency in Excel, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Suite
- High-level knowledge of digital technology and an ability to adapt to new databases
- Video and editorial skills are an asset
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Marketing and Production Co-ordinator Internship. Tell us why you’d be a fantastic addition to our growing team!